Credit Card Debt If you have credit card debt, get rid of it asap. Small amounts of credit card debt can balloon into huge amounts if not paid. The following calculator shows how long it will take to pay off credit card debt:
Don’t Pay Annual Fees. Banks often sneak fees into your bill. If you recieve an unknown fee, complain to the bank to get it removed
Pay bill on time Late fees are exensive. Credit cards are great if you pay the bill on time every month. If not, a $50 pair of shoes could end up actually costing $300.
Rewards Cards If available look for credit cards that offer rewards. If you can get cash back, free gas, or cover some type of regular expense just by using your credit card, it might be a good deal to look into it. Try browsing CreditCards.com
Here are some credit cards that offer decent cash-back:
Citi Rewards Cards. I personally have a Citi card that has a very good rewards program. Unfortunately, it’s not available any more, but Citi still offers some decent cash back cards.
Other Recommend Cards. Jason Skinrood, of PlasticRewards.com, recommends these rewards cards to us:
- Costco American Express: This card is quickly becoming very popular because of the large 3% gas rebate. Card features excellent customer service but you receive your rebate as a Costco gift card.
- Discover More Cards: The cards feature excellent customer service and earn up to 5% cash back. Rebates are tiered and Discover offers additional promotions throughout the year.
- Citi Forward Visa Card: Earn points that can be redeemed for cash back or other rewards on every purchase. Cardholders can also receive up to 2% APR reduction with responsible use.
- IBERIABANK Visa Gold Card: This card for people with excellent credit earns a straight 1% cash back on all qualifying purchases. No
cash back limits or expiration dates.
For REI Customers. The REI Visa card has also caught my eye. It has 1% cash back, and 5% cash back on REI purchases. But you have to be an REI member to qualify.
Airline Rewards Cards. I have looked at dozens of offers for credit cards that reward you with airline mileage. None of them are good, mostly because of hefty annual fees.
More Credit Card Posts:
- Avoid Credit Card Foreign Transaction Fees
- Say No to Store Credit Cards
- Pre-loaded Cash Card Costs Money
- Use Credit Card for Deposits on Purchases
- How to Choose a Credit Card
- Credit Card Convenience Costs
- What is a Prepaid Credit Card?
- How to Reduce Credit Card Debt?
- Who Invented the Credit Card?
- Where Can I Purchase a Prepaid Credit Card?
- What is a Credit Card Charge Off?
- What Are Prepaid Credit Cards?
- Rewards Credit Cards
- How to Get Out of Credit Card Debt?
- How to Get a Prepaid Credit Card?
- How to Get a Credit Card with No Credit History?
- How to Get a Credit Card With Bad Credit?
- How To Consolidate Credit Card Bills?
- How Long Will It Take To Pay Off My Credit Card?
- Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Should You Payoff Your Car Loan?
- What is the Highest FICO Score?
- How to Get a Mortgage with Bad Credit?
- How to Improve Your Credit Score?
- What is My Credit Score?
- What is Considered a Bad Credit Score?
- What is Considered a Good Credit Score?
- What Does FICO Stand For?
- Where Can I Get My Fico Credit Score For Free?
- What is a Prepaid Credit Card?
- How To Get a Free Credit Report?
- How To Dispute My Credit Report?