Although recycling has become more popular, the amount of trash we generate could still be reduced further. Think of all the cereal or cracker box liners you throw out weekly while grabbing for a new plastic bag to store various items. Here’s some ideas for reusing those bags.
- Pack your lunch or your child’s lunch.
- Put snacks in it for long car or plane trips.
- Store fruits or vegetables.
- Keep your bread or rolls fresh.
- Open it up and place over food you reheat in the microwave to keep from splattering.
- Cut open and place between layers of hamburgs or boneless chicken breast for freezing.
- Use when you want to chop nuts or make cracker or potato chip crumbs.
- Use as a container for a shake and bake mix.
- Use as a base on counter when rolling out cookie or pie dough.
- Lay on the counter when separating packaged chicken or other raw meat into smaller portions. It will keep your counter cleaner.
- Take with you when walking your dog to clean up after it.
- Spread several out on the table when decorating cookies to contain the mess.
- Spread several on the table for your child’s paint projects.
- Store small toys in them.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. If you have more ideas, let us know.