If you can’t get along without your television and internet service, but hate paying the bill every month, you should start looking at ways to lower the cost. Of course, the simplest solution is to do without, but most people aren’t willing to do that. Here are some other suggestions for saving money.
- Bundle your services. Cable companies offer packages which can save you money. For instance, if you have your television, internet and telephone all with the same company, your bill will be less.
- Buy a cable modem. Right now you’re probably renting a modem from the cable company, and paying a monthly fee for it. If you buy one, it will pay for itself in less than a year. Do your research so you know which one to get. Major electronic stores may carry the exact one you are renting.
- Switch cable companies. If you let your current one know that you are switching, they may offer a deal to keep you.
- Stop paying for premium services.
- If you find that you are watching more rented movies than television, reduce or eliminate your cable TV service.
- Stream shows and movies to your computer. If you don’t like watching them on your computer, use your TV as a monitor. Many streaming services such as Netflix are available for much less money than cable.
- Subscribe to Hulu, a free service where you can stream your favorite network TV shows.