Everyone knows that the week after Christmas is a good time to stock up on wrapping paper, Christmas cards and decorations for next year’s holiday. The month of January is also a good time to get good deals on winter clothes and boots. However, it is also a good time for other savings.
- Jewelry Retailers make a great deal of their profit during holidays such as Christmas and Valentine’s Day. There is less store traffic during January, so it’s a good time to pick up bargains.
- Exercise Equipment After the holidays, when many people are hoping to shed some of the weight they gained, stores offer discounts on fitness items.
- Bicycles Since not too many people enjoy biking in the cold, stores have sales to draw business.
- Calendars Wait to buy your calendars until January when their gift giving appeal is over, and stores want to get rid of them.
- Linens If you wish you had flannel sheets to survive the winter, now is the time to get them at a reduced price. Comforters and other bedding are usually on sale now too.
- Housing Winter is typically a slow time of year for buying or selling real estate, particularly in cold climates. But, if you’re in the market for a new home, it may be a great time to find your dream house.