There are lots of way to reduce your utility bills. Here’s a list:
- Program the temperature. Turn down the heat at night, while at work, etc.
- Fans instead of AC.
- Close shades in the summer, open in winter to allow or prevent the sun to heat your home.
- Insulate your house. Make sure that your attic is insulated, as heat rises and will go up and out of your house.
- Compact fluorescent bulbs use about 75% less electricity than incandescents.
- Some cities will charge you less for garbage if you use a smaller can.
- Low income families with high heating bills are eligible for government assistance.
- Many energy saving appliances are available for tax rebates.Here’s some info from the government.
More Utility Related Posts:
[catlist name=utilities numberposts=30]
Heating Related Posts:
[catlist name=heat numberposts=30]